7.10.2011

15 weeks!

I'm 15 weeks today!  It seems to be moving so slowly but I know the baby will be here before we know it!

We had our first appointment with our new doctor, Dr. Pae, on July 5th.  He was so nice and personable.  He made Kris and I feel very comfortable and we know he is the best doctor to deliver our baby!  He does an ultrasound at every appointment so we got a chance to check in on the baby.  Our first ultrasound was from week 7 and its amazing to see how much the baby has grown since then!


14 weeks!

When the ultrasound first started, the baby had "his" right arm up and it looked like "he" was waving at us!  We got 9 ultrasound pictures from that appointment but this one is my favorite because you can see the head, body and a leg!  The baby was moving so much it was crazy to watch.  I can't feel it moving yet so the ultrasound screen almost looked like a cartoon we were watching.

I read that the baby's genitals are forming at weeks 13 and 14 so we asked if the doctor could tell the sex of the baby at all.  Dr. Pae said that he doesn't like to try to guess the sex so early and that he was only 50% correct when he did try to guess the sex early on.  He looked anyway and here is what he saw:



Dr. Pae looked at this area for quite a while!  He said it looks like we may have a little boy!  I made a comment about how its still so early so its only 50/50, right.  Dr. Pae responded "Actually, I'm more like 90% sure with this one."  We aren't going out and buying a bunch of boy stuff quite yet, but we will find out for sure at our next appointment, August 2nd (also my birthday)!

Since this blog is named "Wedding and a Baby..." I should probably write about what's going on with the wedding planning as well.  :)  We got engagement pictures taken on July 3rd!  I'm going to pick up the disks today so I'll post a couple of them soon.  We have also started getting addresses together so that we can start thinking about sending out our Save-the-Dates.  AND I'm going wedding dress shopping next weekend, July 16th! :)

Wedding and baby things are starting to pick up steam!  It's all so crazy and exciting! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment